Relax in Comfort
Kewaunee Inn (formerly the historic Karsten Hotel) is a three story, 23-room luxury hotel. Our 1912 arts-and- crafts-style brick building features an elegant lobby, beautiful woodwork, vintage antiques and a friendly atmosphere. But what sets us apart is our traditional-style service that helps our guests step back in time — little touches like “chocolate on your pillow” and turn-down service. So head on over. We’ll roll out the red carpet.
Enjoy your favorite pastimes and the timeless traditions of friendly service, dining excellence and the charm and feel of a small town experience. This Architecturally significant 1912 “Arts and Crafts” style hotel features an elegant lobby with beautiful woodwork, vintage furniture and a cozy fireplace, plus two baby grand pianos. The newly refinished hardwood floor of our spacious dining room is the spotlight for our monthly ballroom dance, and the room offers views of the lake and the veranda.
- Smoke-free, spacious, themed luxury rooms offer a variety of King, Queen and Double bed accommodations and most rooms are equipped with private Jacuzzi
- All Rooms have Individually Controlled Heat and Air Conditioning, Cable TV, Telephone / Voice Mail
- Free Wireless Internet available in all areas of the Inn
- Free Parking: Trailer and Boat Parking Available / Motorcycles Welcome (Covered parking provided)
- If you are sailing/boating into Kewaunee we will arrange transportation from the Marina (four blocks)
While here, be sure to reach for a copy of “History of the Historic Karsten” before you turn in for the night. And watch for our resident ghost named Agatha who has been sighted from time to time over the years.
Dine in Comfort
The Tavern at the Inn features a spectacular wood and “Prairie Style” stained glass bar dating back to the early days of Mayor William Karsten, or “Big Bill”, as he was known. You won’t find a finer array of spirits and wine in the area; we are especially proud of our selection of scotches and rums. For fine dining, you can choose our elegantly casual bistro and wine bar, the beautifully appointed lobby, our grand dining room, or an open al fresco experience on the newly re-opened veranda. You will enjoy freshly prepared meals featuring local favorites and unique options not found elsewhere in the area, while sipping wine from the local wineries, or from around the world, or any of a number of craft beers.