Annual Lighthouse Festival, June 8-10
This much-anticipated festival gives visitors access to lighthouses that aren’t typically open to the public, including Chambers Island, Plum Island, Sherwood Point and the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal Lighthouses.
Festival goers can choose from 11 intriguing land or water tours, including:
- Trolley Lighthouse Tour: The six-hour trolley tour is an easy way to visit five significant Door County lighthouses – Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, Cana Island Lighthouse, Baileys Harbor Range Lights, Sherwood Point Lighthouse and Sturgeon Bay Canal Station.
- Evening Ghost Tour: Hear haunted lighthouses tales and learn about other Door County locations that are thought to be haunted or have had mysterious happenings. The tour includes trolley stops at the Sherwood Point Lighthouse and Sturgeon Bay Canal Station lights.
- Baileys Harbor Lighthouse: Enjoy a two-hour narrated cruise with spectacular water views of Baileys Harbor Range Lights, the Old Baileys Harbor Light and Cana Island Lighthouse.
- Island Clipper Cruise: This popular cruise is a six-hour voyage through Death’s Door Strait, which is said to have the most fresh water shipwrecks in the world, and into Michigan waters. The cruise includes a stop at Rock Island for a mile-long hike to Pottawatomie Lighthouse, Wisconsin’s oldest light. Plus, along the way, you’ll pass Poverty and St. Martin Islands, the Plum Island lights and the Pilot Island Lighthouse.
- View details, pricing, and buy tickets for all 11 tours!